Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Can a Lion and a Lamb walk together?

My first thought was "Why am I taking a picture at my Ob's office?" However, I enter in this office weekly leaving inspired, strong and responsible for the choices I have made for my body while diligently listening to the voice of my womb guiding me. In several visits I have encountered different parts of my obstetrician and layers of her ability to attune to my thoughts, my fears, and my space of living. Two times she has made profound statements about my mothering and how invaluable time was with them. I have paused many times taking in her words , knowing that she is truly walking with me in this journey. Admittedly I want our walk to end while birthing , yet her presence is just as strong as anyone I have invited in my birth circle and yes I honor that, not because I believe she is my friend , but because she has remained who she was created to be. a lion.......A lion who supported a lamb . Yes, my path will turn from her when it's time for me to birth but I am not running with fear. I will be surrendering to my creation birthing the animal in me, a lamb with a meek and fearful spirit, as well as a lion who will protect and roar

No comments: