Thursday, March 20, 2008

My three gifts: "uniquely and wonderfully made"



"So what are you having?" He laughed and replied before I could, "Hopefully a left handed pitcher" My husband knows I can't bear to answer this very common question the millionth time so he cleverly has found creative ways to answer. Although what really made me sit was when someone said " I guess it doesn't matter, you have both." I thought about two weeks ago when I had a mothering gathering and with all the special moments in my birth circle; my children's presence spoke with no words. They carry my birth story with them, who I was at the time, and how I have grown in each of them. All three designed in different forms, yet shape who I am today as a mother. It's more than gender and it was meant to be more than what we plan as parents. They reflect my knowledge, my choices and my will power to learn more. During the mother gathering, I met my son and his face of knowing, remembering our journey. I breathed in our shared pain and the joy of learning what God led me to endure, led me to mother differently, and be led by a child who asked more than I could imagine. I vividly remember the fight to make choices in my last birth where I was questioned and ridiculed, but knowing my voice was his voice, teaching me to knock , seek & ask. Although I don't know where my journey lies with this amazing being; I know God's peace and promise that he never gives us more than we can handle , a scripture I read many times in my life but looking in the eyes of my children reminds me they are gifts of bearing, placing me in a meek and quiet spirit ready to humbly welcome another one of his creations, sitting at the feet of his chosen lesson.

No comments: